segunda-feira, 26 de setembro de 2011

Les Amours Imaginaires



I've just watched it. I have to say I'm still hypnotized with the "The Knife" soundtrack together with the smell of smoke in my bedroom. It's captivating for its love triangle that at first seemed quite simple, pure and innocent; i.e the blonde Nicolas, while on the other hand so mechanic, definitely not organic, from Francis's and Marie's sides. I confess I drifted up high during many slow-motion scenes from the screen. Incredible cello nuance (Bach) withing the realms of passion, sex and love waves. Colors, bodies and touch! I loved it.


I spotted four love nuances on  this story from Xavier Dolan, who plays Francis on the screen. The first one is the sex partners' ideal of love: The sex, colors, physical bliss. Such an attractive flock of feelings, which I personally describe as a carpet Marie and Francis were to rub on, all of it to satisfy their hunger for love. Francis comes with a heavy passionate love, the kind of love that would make you "eat off your nails", run away to a never-land paradise. Escape and never come back. So there is Francis's frustration on not having Nicolas to himself, and himself only, when realized Nicolas "wasn't gay" - or was he? I Immediately got deeper inside his confusion - by own experiences: "who belonged to whom?” "What was I in love for?" or "Was there even anybody there to stop loving?”. Marie finds in Nicolas her love of a Michelangelo sculpture. Nicolas is a pilgrim soul they could not see through, his own freedom, his lightness. Francis and Marie were to think: "What was he looking for?" instead of asking: "What am I trying to find?". At the end Louis Garrel takes place as their next victim; would he be good sport as Marie's Adonis and Francis' Peter Pan?

The idea of an imaginary love story that has to do with finding yourself rather than sharing yourself with others until the day that it hits you like a rock. The truth is: unconditional love deliberates freedom to your soul.


"In love when I ask for a look,
what is deeply unsatisfying and always futile,
Is that you never look at me from where I see you."

(Unknown)


3 comentários:

Anônimo disse...

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j394/kmilah1690/Filmico/amoresimaginarios7.gif

Will Hara disse...

"because love deliberates freedom to the soul"

It's so beautiful!
And I loved watching it with you last week!

I still need to watch so many movies you told me about...

Will Hara

Anônimo disse...

So I'm here
on my own
all alone
wishing i could have you
for the eternity
and then
I realize
that you can't be mine
you belong to everyone
like you said
you married to the world.